Hi everyone! Here it is, a year later, and what do we have to report? Readership is up, this guy’s still an idiot, and your mother’s a tramp. Oh, and the country is full of crazy people.
What started as a Web site that was intended to be a spot in which we as reporters (and consumers) could gripe about the state of reporting, news, politics, pop culture and sports has become a place where we gripe about the state of reporting, news, politics, pop culture and sports. So mission accomplished! USA! USA!
Yeah, yeah. We get a lot of crap for people not liking our points of view. What stuns us — though by this point, it shouldn’t — is how many people have opinions about the goings-on of this country — and other countries — without having any idea what the fuck they’re talking about. Just look at — let’s see — nearly any post and the comments that follow to see what we mean.
Some things we’ve learned:
- Jim Carrey’s not as dumb as we thought.
- The south is still fighting the Civil War.
- Everyone loves a good Sarah Palin post.
- Some people are so crazy that it’s amazing they can function.
- Virginia is for lovers, and Texas is for the batshit crazy (with a few notable exceptions, of course).
- Quentin Tarantino’s defenders, after coming across like dicks, can be kind of nice in a condescending way.
- Josh sunburns easily.
- Dave hates rednecks.
- Mexican Josh is a great addition to the team. (Also, he’s a real person, not just Josh in a sombrero.)
- Therapists love us. (Draw your own conclusions.)
So to our friends, thanks for being with us this year. There’s nothing like someone sending you a quick e-mail to let you know you’re “way off the fucking mark” but still agreeing to have breakfast with you Saturday to know that there’s still a way to have civil debate in this country. And to our detractors, we really do it all for you. So thank you. And fuck you, too.